Great Blue Slot
Game review info
- RTP: 94.3%
- Min Bet: 0.25
- Max Bet: 125
- Reels: 5 Reels
- Paylines: 25
- Software: Playtech
- Themes: Animals , Sea
- Volatility: Medium
- Features: Free Spins , Bonus Game , Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Multiplier
Top 3 Casinos to Play Great Blue Slot Free or for Real Money
Great Blue Slot Review
The Great Blue slot game is not just vibrant colors and ocean breeze. The 5-reel retro slot by PlayTech has 25 adjustable paylines and a theoretical RTP of 96.03%.
The adjustable paylines make the game ideal for players with smaller budgets. Your total bet is you bet per line multiplied by the number of active lines. You can drop that number down to 1. In that case, the minimum bet you can place is £0.01, whereas the maximum would be £2.
If you activate all of the paylines, your total minimum bet would be £0.25, and the maximum – £50. This is not a game for the high-rollers among you. However, its bonus features and games can be really fun.
Great Blue Slot Features
The Great Blue slot features are what make this game exciting and worth some attention. It might not be able to compete in terms of graphics but there’s definitely more to it than meets the eye.
Deep beneath the surface lie the special symbols that can trigger a whole school not of fish but of bonus games and perks. The Scatter sea shell symbol is the one to look out for! Here’s what is hidden under the shell:
- Free Spins – landing three or more of the Sea Shell scatter symbols automatically grants you 8 Great Blue free spins with a 2x multiplier!
- Sea Shell Bonus Game – during the free spins mode, you’ll be able to choose 2 out of 5 sea shells with hidden rewards. Those can be more free spins or multipliers, or both. You can win up to 33 free spins and a 15x multiplier.
- Infinite Free Spins – the Great Blue free play can be re-triggered. If you land 3 or more Scatter symbols during free spins, you’ll win another 15 with the same multiplier of the spin that re-triggered them. And then again. And again! And again, if you’re lucky enough to continue landing 3 or more Scatters.
Great Blue Slot Design & Graphics
Some will not be impressed by the Great Blue slot’s game design and graphics. They have a retro touch to them. You’ll dive in an ocean of vibrant colors and rounded corners wrapped up nicely with subtle retro sounds.
But as we said, there’s more to this game than meets the eye. Beneath the surface lurks HTML5 technology that ensures high-quality experience even when you gamble on-the-go. PlayTech never disappoints when it comes to making its games mobile-friendly.
Get ready to dive among rewarding symbols encompassing the marine life when you start the Great Blue slot game. They pay out in coins. The monetary equivalent they’ll pay out on a winning spin depends on your bet per line and the number of paylines that are active.
- Low-Paying Symbols – these are the well-known card symbols 9, 10, J, Q, K, A. 9 is in a category of its own because it makes payouts even in combinations of 2 of-a-kind. The rest need to be 3 of-a-kind to secure a payout.
- Medium-Paying Symbols – those are the yellow tropical fish, the seahorse, and the purple starfish. 3 of-a-kind of the latter two payout 15, while of the first – 20. Yes, the tropical yellow fish is more rewarding.
- High-Paying Symbols – those are the sea turtle and the shark! They make payouts even when you land just 2 of a kind on an active payline.
- Special & Highest-Paying Symbols – those are the Wild and the Scatter. The Wild symbol is the orca killer whale, and it can substitute for every symbol except for the Scatter. The Scatter is the sea shell, and it’s the one triggering the bonus game and free spins!
The Great Blue slot by PlayTech doesn’t stand out with electrifying graphics and innovative features. But it has its merits and the potential for infinite free spins. It’s not a game for everyone, especially if you prefer flashier slots with stunning graphics, but we’re convinced the charming ocean floor will find its players.