Game review info
- RTP: 96.6%
- Min Bet: 0.50
- Max Bet: 100
- Reels: 7
- Paylines: 7
- Software: Play'N Go
- Themes: Fantasy, Jewels
- Volatility: Medium
- Features: Cluster Pays, Expanding Wilds
US Players not Accepted
- Wide Variety of Live Dealer Games
- Simple and Clean Website Design
- QuickSpin Casino
Gemix Slot Overview
Each time you turn the reels at Gemix, it’s like a Kinder egg. You never know what you’re going to get, but you know, it’s going to be fun. This is how the gameplay of this slot is built. If you love a bit of something extra to your ordinary game, then Gemix could be your cup of tea. We’ve all read fairytales and imagined ourselves as part of these magical universes where nothing is impossible. Gemix is exactly like that and more. It brings to life 3 different worlds and so the theme changes each time you complete a world.
It’s great fun for new players because they’ll get introduced to slots in fun and engaging ways. Not in the classic slot rules and features kind of way. The medium volatility and different wilds for each world just come to show how each detail is made to entertain the player to the full extent. Not to mention the awesome Crystal Charge which gives 4 additional features to enjoy on a random basis. It’s amazing to experience a game so rich in ideas that you will get obsessed with it.
Gemix Slot Features: Each to Their World
The game has 7 reels, 7 pay lines, a min bet of 0.50, and a max bet of 100. The RTP is 96.6% which means that the slot has medium volatility. The gameplay could be a bit complicated at first, but it gets better once you play a few times. In Gemix you have different worlds/levels. To get to them, you have to clear patterns from the pattern board on the right. There is also the Crystal Charge above the pattern board where collecting at least 20 gems fills it up and results in cool features. On the left of the reels, you have a board where all winning combos are collected.
On the bottom of the board, you have your controls area where all paytable, bet, and spin buttons. You can mute the game from the black bar at the very bottom of your game window. Good gameplay with many dimensions is what dreams are made of and Gemix does it right.
- Crystal Charge: The Crystal Charge charges when you strike winning combos. The Crystal Charge is activated after winning on 20 symbols. There are 4 features that appear randomly to each charge. The first one is Nova Blast. There when 1 symbol explodes, it destroys and transforms adjacent symbols. The second one is the Crystal Warp. When 1 symbol is targeted, all matching symbols are warped to other ones. The third one is the Light Beam. This is when 1 symbol shoots out light beams and the hit symbols are transformed into other symbols. The last one is the Chain Lighting. Here when 2 corner symbols are connected with a bolt of chain lightning, all hit symbols are transformed into one of the corner symbols. If you win on 40 or more symbols before the Crystal Charge is triggered, you can Super Charge your game round. All wins are multiplied by 3.
- World Pattern: Level up through different worlds by clearing patterns on the pattern board. Once you clear a pattern, a star lights up. There are 3 stars(levels) to unlock before getting to the next world. You have to win to increase the World Bonus amount. Clearing a world awards the World Bonus and the bonus grows with 10% of symbol win amounts.
- World Wilds: The World Wilds can appear on a non-winning game round. Each world has a unique Wild. The torch in the Miner world can appear up to 10 times on non-winning rounds. In the Princess World, the Wild Lollipop can spread from edge to edge on non-winning rounds. And in the Wizard World, the Book Wild can appear up to 8 times in different positions on non-winning rounds. Note that the Wilds substitute for all symbols.
A Whimsical Design and Theme
The design and theme of the Gemix slot are entirely based on a different world, so each one has a different design when you reach it. The gems in this game are symbols that come in all shapes and sizes of all colours. The control board of the game has a gummy bear-like style and the additional boards on the sides of the reels have the same look. The main colour is purple and you can see it in all kinds of shades. The music changes with each new world, so you can experience it better. The slot is available on mobile devices of all types like tablets and smartphones.
Winning Symbols and Paytable Explained
Knowing your paytable before starting to play a certain slot is very important. Thus, we divided the 8 symbols of the game into 3 categories – low, medium, and high-paying ones. This way it’ll be easier for you to understand them and easier for us to explain.
Note: the lowest amount you have to match to get payouts is 5 and the highest is 15+. There are other values in between which you can see from the screenshot below.
Gemix Slot – Editor’s Verdict
Play’n Go has found a way to amaze its fans and the gambling industry with yet another gorgeous slot. Gemix is what you can refer to as magic from your screen. Not only because of its themes but also because it has such quality features and ways to win that you can’t step away. It’s one of the most popular games of the provider, so anything we said can’t do it justice. If you haven’t tried it yet, go and play it in demo mode to experience what we put into words.