Best Denmark Casinos
100% Bonus up to $5000US Players not Accepted
US Players not Accepted
Denmark Casinos Overview
If you’re reading this comprehensive guide of Denmark casinos, then you’re a Danish online gambler looking for your first or next venue. Gambling in Denmark has its specific characteristics. Some of the positives and negatives are similar to those faced by players in other countries. But others make it entirely different from gambling in other countries.
We’ve made this extensive guide to make sure Danish players are aware of all the specific aspects. What’s regulation like in Denmark? Can you easily find secure online casinos to put your money in? We’ve managed to shortlist the best!
But what makes certain casinos more suitable for Danish players than others? Don’t take our word for it, refer to our guide and the shortlisted casino and what they can do for you! You’ll be able to find the place where you’ll get tailor-made, safe, and fun experience.
Licensing & Legislation
The good news for Danish players is that Denmark has rather loose regulations and requirements. Of course, all Danish players are advised to play only on DGA (Danish Gambling Authority)-regulated casinos.
That being said, international casinos that do not hold licensing from Denmark, can still accept Danish players. They are in breach of operations and might have to pay fines, but Danish players are not breaking any laws by joining such casinos.
In fact, gambling operators and companies have to be established in Denmark or the EU (or the European Economic Area) to be able to apply for a DGA license. This is related to revenue constraints and severe fees. That’s why some casino operators prefer not to opt for such licenses, even though they accept Danish players.
The good news is such casinos you can choose from as a gambler from Denmark hold other viable licenses. The best of them are regulated by the likes of the UKGC and MGA.
This means that their security levels are significant, and Danish players get the protection they need, even if the casino doesn’t have a DGA license. Such casinos are usually monitored and tested by institutions like eCORGA for an additional level or proof-of-reliability.
That being said, many operators do apply for a DGA licensing. Ever since Denmark softened its stance on foreign operators and ceded monopoly, the market is quite lively!
History of Danish Gambling Regulations
For a long time, the only legal entity allowed to provide gambling services in Denmark was the state-owned Danske Spil. That changed in 2012 with the introduction of the Gambling Act, after years of criticism from the EU and local gamblers.
But Denmark is one of the few that yielded quickly and recognized there is a problem with regulation. Once they opened the doors to private operators, the interest exploded!
So far, 25 casinos have been officially licensed by the DGA, with dozens of applications received each year.
This has led to the expanded variety of services and offers gamblers have at their disposal and the overall improvement of the gambling experience for Danish players.
What you should pay attention to is that the best Danish casinos, whether or not they are regulated by the DGA, is that they would accept the DKK as a deposit and playable currency, and their websites would have a version in Danish. The most successful casinos for Danish players also provide support in Danish.
We’ve discovered those, and if you’re ready to discover them as well, simply refer to our comparison tables!
Danish Casinos Sign-Up Process
The best Denmark casinos make it so that signing up is straightforward and easy. You must be of or above the legal age for gambling – 18 years old, and to have ensured that the casino you’re playing at accepts Danish gamblers.
Some players are hell-bent on joining a specific casino even it doesn’t accept gamblers from their region. That’s often made possible with the use of a VPN, that can cheat the casino you’re location is different. Using a VPN to play at most quality casinos is in direct breach of their Terms and Conditions, and we strongly advise you to never do that!
Once you’ve discovered a top-quality casino to join, the rest is quick and easy. First, you’ll have to sign up and then – to verify your identity. The sign-up process doesn’t involve anything complicated. Just provide accurate details in the sign-up form and set a password and username to be able to access your newly created account.
Once that’s done, simply follow the verification procedure. Most casinos have similar identity-verification processes. As a Danish player, you should expect the following:
- Provide a proof-of-identity – a copy of a government-issued document, like a driving license or a passport;
- Provide a proof-of-address – that can be a bank statement or a utility bill that confirms your location and address.
- Verify your phone number – you’ll either receive a verification phone call or an SMS with a code to input.
One specific aspect for Danish players is that you’ll have to provide your CPR number, as well, when joining any casino.
Get The Best Casino Bonus for Denmark for August
The best Denmark casinos make sure players have access to a safe and secure environment for making financial transactions. When making a deposit, you’ll be able to choose from a wide variety of methods – all well-known and secure.
You should be aware of the potential fees that transactions to and from your casino account might incur. But, in general, Danish players would be able to find cheap, convenient, and quick ways to deposit and withdraw from their gambling balance.
There are several recommended methods you can use with the Denmark casinos you join. Here are the most popular ones you can choose from as a Danish player:
- Bank Transfers: These involve the longest waiting times, specifically for withdrawals, because that’s simply how banks work. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Danish player or not. Deposits also might take up to a couple of days, whereas withdrawals could take up to a week.
- Credit/Debit Cards: Bank-linked cards are significantly more convenient and easy to use when making deposits and withdrawals. The only downside is that withdrawals also take a couple of days to arrive in your personal balance.
- E-Wallets: eWallets and mediums like Skrill and Neteller are probably the cheapest and most convenient way to deposit money and withdraw. The transactions happen instantly, and you don’t have to wait. The only drawback are the fees associated with the transfer of your e-wallet balance to your personal accounts.
- Prepaid Vouchers & Third-Party Services: Vouchers like Paysafecard and platforms like Trustly ensure one very important thing – the full distancing of your payment information from the casino. To use them for making payments on Danish casinos, you need either a Paysafecard PIN or to have a bank account compatible with Trustly. No need to submit financial information with your casino when using such methods.
Gambling On Credit In Denmark
As gambling analysts, we would advise you to avoid using credit cards when gambling in Denmark casinos.
Gambling on credit is never a good idea and can have its consequences.
Reputable casinos would usually not accept deposits made from credit cards, in order to protect their players.
You can fund your e-Wallets using credit cards. And you can also use payment solutions like Pay by Phone and add the deposit to your monthly phone fee.
But the responsible thing to do, in general, is not to gamble on credit, ever.
Danish players are not limited in terms of game access. Yes, some might not be accessible from your region, but there are enough gambling developers out there for you to still have access to a huge collection and a wide variety of games.
Let’s have a look at what you can bet on at Danish casinos:
- Slots – including jackpot slots, Danish players can bet on some of the most popular gambling titles. Developers like Microgaming and NetEnt provide their ground-breaking titles to casinos available in your region. Want to play the all-time classic Starburst? No problem! Or maybe you’d like to crack open the Book of Dead? You can do it!
- Table Games & Video Poker – your favorite roulette, blackjack, and baccarat are all available in Denmark casinos. There are no limitations as to what table casino games you’ll be able to access when in Denmark.
- Live Casino Games – live gambling sessions in online casinos available in Denmark are also at the tip of your fingers. As Danish players, you don’t have any limitations. In Danish casino, be prepared to enjoy high-quality entertainment with professional dealers and in a great, authentic environment.
Some of the best Danish casinos are not limited to your traditional collection of games, either. Some go out of their way to provide a wholesome and exciting gambling experience. How? By integrating a dedicated sportsbook!
Sports betting is huge all over the globe, and Denmark makes no difference. Danish players are interested in your traditional football betting and horse racing, but also in bets on more exotic ‘sports’ like pigeon betting, for example. That might sound shocking, but it’s clear that people bet on everything out there with good odds.
That being said, the best Denmark casinos would provide you with access to sportsbooks. It’s not only football bets you can place through your Danish casino. Sports like golf and handball are also available.
What this means is that Denmark casinos make it possible to have a wholesome gambling experience from one spot alone. You don’t have to go to bookmakers in order to place sports bets. We’ve shortlisted casinos that give you this chance as well if you’re a Danish player.
All of this is proof of one thing. If you’re located in Denmark, the monopoly and the few licenses granted won’t prevent you to find access to lots and lots of betting games of luck or skill. The best Danish casinos have made sure they are able to cater to the needs of punters from Denmark. You’ll be on equal footing with other players, thanks to the greatest casino operators and their online casinos.
Now that we’ve reached the end of this guide, we hope you’ve gained all the knowledge you need to select your favorite Denmark casino confidently and quickly. Despite the questionable regulation and the small number of operators receiving licenses from the DGA, you can still take your pick.
It’s not illegal for gamblers from Denmark to bet online on casinos that are not regulated by the country’s authority. On the contrary. Many reputable casinos regulated by other big gambling authorities accept Danish punters. What’s important to remember is that you can choose!
You can take your time and consider the available options carefully in order to choose the one best for you. If the casino you’re considering, after all, doesn’t accept players from your region, you’ll be immediately notified about that.
That being said, choosing a suitable casino is not hard. Denmark casinos offer a great mix of entertainment and opportunities, along with all necessary elements required for your protection. The available payment methods give you another level of security. You can easily find casino websites available in Danish and accepting DKK, allowing you to play with your local currency.
Given all that, there’s no doubt you have every chance of joining a safe, secure, and fun online casino. The only thing left to is register!
Top Denmark Casino for August